Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell manufacturing and project development company, is recruiting an Installations Project Manager candidate to join its world-class team. Prospective candidates must be interested in creating and deploying innovative technologies, and changing the way electricity is generated and distributed worldwide. Projects range in size from 200 kW distributed generation projects to 30+ MW utility scale projects.
As the individual responsible for updating our installed customer base the Installations Project Manager role is demanding with high visibility within Bloom Energy and with critical customers, key vendors, and potentially manages the efforts of multiple Project Managers, contractors, and other functional support roles. The Installations Project Manager provides technical guidance to sales and origination teams during early stage project development. This role is customer-facing, and is key to providing an extraordinary experience for Bloom Energy customers. The ability to manage multiple projects, locations, and stakeholders in a demanding, fast-paced environment is a must.
Location: This position serves the USA and will be based at Bloom Energy Corporate Headquarters in San Jose, California.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible and accountable for solid oxide fuel cell energy deployment from planning to commercial operation requiring direct and/or indirect management of the following:
• Oversees all aspects of Field Service customer site upgrades
• Support the development of program delivery strategy and lead team members in support of key deployments
• Broadly support business development initiatives
• Create and execute projects’ operations budget and schedule
• Mission critical power assessments and mitigation plans for installations
• Design and construction contract negotiation and fulfillment
• Construction and project documentation completion to meet all technical and governmental standards
• Permit acquisition as needed
• Gas and electrical utility interconnection process
• Construction bid documents development
• Project commissioning
• Regularly interface with internal Bloom Energy cross functional resources and subject matter experts
• Contribute to the success of Bloom Energy’s long-term process improvement efforts
• Ensure exemplary safety and performance through specific metrics during site construction and commissioning
• Ensure that Bloom Energy customers are 100% satisfied with the product and their site energy server installation experience
• Deliver presentations confidently to all project stakeholders, and sell new ideas to Bloom Energy senior leadership and its customer base
• Significant travel required
• Other Service and Field Service duties as needed
Skills and Experience:
• Two or more years of project management experience, distributed energy solution experience strongly preferred. Candidate experience must include management of multiple, schedule constrained, large capital projects with multiple contractors
• Significant field experience is also preferred with an emphasis on managing plumbing, electrical, and logistics trades.
• Project management experience should include management of budgets, schedules, design, logistics, and construction contracts
• Experience producing results with gas and electrical utilities and leading permitting efforts is strongly preferred
• Extremely organized and can confidently communicate project status and risk mitigation strategies to Bloom Energy senior executive leadership and customers with little notice
• Familiarity with building/mechanical/electrical codes (NEC, NFPA) highly favorable
• Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams of subject matter experts strongly preferred
• B.S. in Civil, Electrical, and/or Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, strongly preferred though other technical degrees will be considered.
• Scheduling software programs: Microsoft Project, Salesforce Lightning preferred
• Command of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel. Advanced experience is preferred
About Bloom Energy
Bloom Energy's mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. To fulfill this mission, we have developed a distributed, on-site electric power solution that is redefining the electric power market and transforming how power is generated and delivered. Our Energy Server Platform is a stationary power generation platform built for the digital age and capable of delivering highly reliable, uninterrupted, 24x7 constant power that is also clean and sustainable. Among the most efficient energy generators on the planet; our platform dramatically reduces electricity costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Some of the largest companies in the world trust Bloom to provide their businesses with clean, reliable and resilient energy.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.