Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for a Director, Manufacturing Finance to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Business Partner to Chief Operations Office and operations executive staff
- Provide leadership and financial support for business decisions – modeling, forecasting, capital planning and ROI analysis
- In conjunction with operations staff, develop and manage planning cycles including strategy plan, budget, forecast and outlook variables to the COGS section of the P&L to meet quarterly and annual business goals
- Maintain constant awareness of financial performance versus plan, identify potential risks and proactively address any issues to prevent financial misses
- Manage the cadence of reporting for relevant manufacturing metrics, gross margins, department spending, absorption and overhead to draw meaningful business conclusions to recommend courses of action
- Work with cross-functional team on total product cost reduction initiatives and report out cost reduction roadmap
- Evaluate, analyze and establish appropriate inventory levels to meet cash conversion cycle goals
- Evaluate and analyze factory optimization, capital planning and new technology production ramp up
- Prepare and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with Bloom Executive team
- Key member of cost reduction team to aid in setting long-term targets for business plan, and then manage the reporting and tracking of progress towards those targets
- Lead continuous improvement of existing financial systems and processes
Teaming & Leadership
- Build trusted relationships with operations team executives and members to build credibility and drive the organization to meet Bloom’s annual business plan
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the operations finance teams, mentor and develop staff leveraging OKR (Objectives and Key Results) framework
Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality and timeliness.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Accounting or related field
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- At least 8 – 10 years of experience
- Significant experience in manufacturing environment and an understanding of cost accounting principles
- Experience in a global environment and interfacing with international subsidiaries is a plus.
- Very strong communication and analytical skills are critical in interfacing with manufacturing, operations and management
- Experience with Oracle manufacturing modules and Hyperion
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy's mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. To fulfill this mission, we have developed a distributed, on-site electric power solution that is redefining the electric power market and transforming how power is generated and delivered. Our Energy Server Platform is a stationary power generation platform built for the digital age and capable of delivering highly reliable, uninterrupted, 24x7 constant power that is also clean and sustainable. Among the most efficient energy generators on the planet; our platform dramatically reduces electricity costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Some of the largest companies in the world trust Bloom to provide their businesses with clean, reliable and resilient energy.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.