Job Description: Sales Strategic Account Executive
Bloom Energy, the world’s leading distributed power generation fuel cell company, is looking for a Strategic Account Executive to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
We are seeking a progressive Sales Executive that can continue to accelerate our commercial business transformation focused on solving the big energy challenges of reliability, sustainability, speed to power and rising costs of electricity for governments, companies and utilities. This is a Senior Strategic Sales Executive role with strong commercial experience and a collaborative style.
Location: This position is preferred to be based in the NorthEast markets. Preferred locations are MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA.
Role and Responsibilities
• Role is to own the results for some of our biggest existing customers in our most important verticals.
• Responsible for driving and winning those accounts trust and deals in order to attain full quota via interaction with leading executives and teams.
• Responsible for developing and progressing an opportunity funnel for existing and new accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
• Responsible for mapping of accounts, and building relationships with key decision makers.
• Responsible to call the plays necessary to execute the sale and build a positive relationship.
• Accountable for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction in assigned accounts.
• Responsible for seeing that the feedback from assigned accounts is properly captured.
Skills and Experience:
• 15+ years of experience of large, strategic account direct sales experience.
• Primarily a value based, solution oriented (HW/SW/SVCS) sales history versus transactional.
• Demonstrated ability to operate successfully at the C-Level of multi-billion dollar companies and develop relationships at the executive level within accounts.
• Proven ability to climb the stack and work downwards into key stakeholders for multi-level sales
• Able to travel as required in order to cover a large geographic area.
• Demonstrated ability to close multi-million dollar projects (>$10M) little direct management oversight.
• Demonstrated success having carried a multi-million dollar individual quota selling direct to large and medium sized enterprises.
• Demonstrated ability to exceed sales goals, selling capital equipment, into large accounts.
• Skilled in Consultative Selling.
• Passionate about our customers, solution, and cross functional team work.
• Bachelor degree in business management/ economics /technology, MBA is preferred.
• Finance acumen and ability to overcome pricing via TCO and ROI selling.
• Exceptional ability to influence and collaborate at the executive level and dive alignment by influencing business partners, senior leaders, and stakeholders.
• Experience in Energy or Enterprise Solution Selling are preferred.
• Excellent relationship and negotiations skills with internal and external stakeholders.
• Additional Skill Areas: • Strategic planning and thinking. • Creative problem solving skills. • Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way. • Creative thinking and ability to innovate.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies operate in the new norm of Utility outages without effecting their primary business operations, which operates at a cleaner level than before to utilizing cleaner, more reliable electricity generated with no combustion.
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.