Job Title: Sr. Director, Associate General Counsel – Securities, Governance and Compliance
The Sr. Director, Associate General Counsel – Securities, Governance and Compliance will report to the EVP, General Counsel and Chief Compliance officer. This role will be a hands-on, results-oriented, business-minded attorney with demonstrated experience in the following areas: Sarbanes-Oxley and 1934 Act compliance and reports (10-K\s, 10-Q\s, 8-K\s and proxy statements), financing agreements, governance and board matters, M&A deals and compliance.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist the General Counsel to ensure that the Company conducts its business in compliance with applicable SEC laws and regulations and NYSE rules; manage Sarbanes-Oxley and 1934 Act compliance and reports (10-K\s, 10-Q\s, and 8-K\s and proxy statements).
• Work closely with the GC and Chief Financial Officer on earnings releases, analyst/investor conferences, disclosure issues and shareholder proposals;
• Participate in the design and development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs required for a public company and provide counsel and guidance on legal matters, regulatory interpretations, and on legal implications of all matters. This lawyer will serve as a key legal advisor on all corporate equity and debt financings, including acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures.
• Keep abreast of ongoing governance and work with the General Counsel on Board activities.
• Work with the General Counsel on building out the compliance program, particularly pertaining to anticorruption and antibribery and third parties.
• Provide continuing counsel and guidance on all legal matters related to merger and acquisition activity, due diligence and all related business matters.
• Provide legal advice, opinions and solutions regarding issues and risks relating to the on-going and expanding business into international markets.
• Support the stock administration department on equity matters and employee education.
• Assist in oversight of maintenance of all foreign and domestic subsidiaries.
• Stay up-to-date and keep Legal team advised on external governance trends, SEC issues, general legal issues and best practices.
Skills and Experience:
• Exercises independent judgment in techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and creates informal networks involving coordination among groups and teams within and outside of functional work area.
• Minimum 12 years of directly related work experience with a Bachelor’s and associated Law degree from an accredited law school required, with at least 6 years at a law firm.
• In-house experience at a public company required.
• International experience desired
• Experience building out the compliance function
• Proven ability to implement policies and projects across an international organization.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is a provider of a revolutionary on-site power generation system called the Bloom Energy Server® based on proprietary fuel cell technology that provides 24x7 firm power that is reliable, clean and cost effective. With nearly 200 MW deployed, Bloom Energy Servers produce power for companies including Apple, Wal-Mart, AT&T, eBay and FedEx, as well as notable non-profit organizations such as Caltech and Kaiser Permanente. Also, with its Mission Critical Systems practice, Bloom Energy provides grid-independent power for critical loads in data centers and manufacturing. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would