Bloom Energy is looking for Field Service Regional Manager to help maintain the fuel cells in the Republic of Korea and build a service team. The role would require hiring, training, and leading a team of Field Service technicians/engineers that perform troubleshooting and parts replacement on-site and to help maintain the parts in the Bloom depot and keep track of all the inventory in the depots.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of team lead for the technicians in Korea and provide management support to the FSEs/FSTs
- Facilitate Bloom Energy fuel cell systems maintenance, site maintenance, provide the safety observer role as needed and assist in 2 person required evolutions as needed
- Keep track of parts and maintain install base information
- Communicate with various teams within and outside the Services organization in various parts of the world
- Schedule and optimize tasks and priorities for the Field Services technicians/engineers
- Document issues and parts replacements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provide mentorship, set goals and scale the FS organization to meet business needs
Education and Experience:
The following MINIMUM levels of experience and or education are required:
- College University degree or diploma in technical field with 9 years’ experience in electrical field
- Or –
- 7 years electrical related military experience (e.g. Navy Electronics/Electrical Technician, Naval Electrician, Gas Turbine Electrician) and 5 years of relevant commercial electrical experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Combination of leadership and technical expertise with good communication skills in Korean and English
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/repair skills; understanding of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing and valve operation preferred
- Electrical experience required, troubleshooting & repair skills necessary
- Prior experience as an electrician in any of the following: 3phase systems, UPS (back-up power) systems, maintenance, electrical generation and distribution systems, power electronics, Automatic Transfer Switch Systems, and microprocessor based control platforms is highly beneficial
- Experience with various test and measurement equipment, electrical codes and personnel safety products and procedures.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical single line diagrams and blueprints
- Basic understanding of requirements of working safely, ability to wear and maintain PPE
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrates sound judgment
- A team player who exhibits a high level of integrity and professionalism in all situations
- Able to communicate effectively in English in both written and or verbal form to facilitate duties as required
- Able to follow procedures and execute sequenced work instructions from either written and or verbal communications
- Ability to regularly lift 21 Kg, occasionally lift 34Kg.
- Ability to twist, bend, squat, and climb ladders.
- Able to facilitate 24x7 operations as needed
- Able to facilitate On-Call duty as needed
- Able to facilitate shift work as needed
- Able to travel as needed
- Duration: Travel durations of up to 2 weeks in one travel session
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.