Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for a Project Manager, Construction Installations Group to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell manufacturing and project development company, is recruiting a Project Manager candidate to join its world-class team. Prospective candidates must be interested in creating and deploying innovative technologies, and changing the way electricity is generated and distributed worldwide. Projects range in size from 200 kW distributed generation projects to 30+ MW utility scale projects. Bloom Energy’s most recent offering of an uninterruptible power module (UPM) further develops the field of energy generation by providing grid-independent power for customers and utilities committed to serving their customers and stake-holders through natural disasters and electrical grid outages.
As the individual responsible for large-scale customer portfolios with multiple projects from mid-stage development through commercial operation, the Project Manager role is demanding with high visibility within Bloom Energy and with critical customers, key vendors, and potentially manages the efforts of multiple Project Managers and other functional support roles. This role is customer-facing, and is key to providing an extraordinary experience for Bloom Energy Korea customers.
Location: This position serves the USA and will be based on the East Coast.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for solid oxide fuel cell energy development programs from mid-stage development to commercial operation requiring direct and/or indirect management of the following:
- Support the development of program delivery strategy and lead team members in support of key deployments
- Broadly support regional business development initiatives
- Bridge Bloom Energy’s global management approach with regional application
- Project and business operations budget and schedule creation and execution
- Mission critical power assessments
- Design and construction contract negotiation and fulfillment
- Construction and project documentation completion to meet all technical and governmental standards
- Regulatory outreach and permit acquisition
- Gas and electrical utility interconnection process
- Construction bid documents development
- Project commissioning
- Regularly interface with internal Bloom Energy cross functional resources and subject matter experts
- Contribute to the success of Bloom Energy’s long-term process improvement efforts
- Participate in Bloom Energy’s product offering innovation process
- Ensure exemplary safety and performance through specific metrics during site construction and commissioning
- Ensure that Bloom Energy customers are 100% satisfied with the product and their site energy server installation experience
- Deliver presentations confidently to all project stakeholders, and sell new ideas to Bloom Energy senior leadership and its customer base
- Significant travel required
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of project management experience including 2+ years of distributed energy solution experience strongly preferred. Candidate experience must include management of multiple, schedule constrained, large capital projects with multiple contractors
- Renewable energy experience at scales less than 50 MW is strongly preferred; project. Significant field experience is also preferred with an emphasis on electrical completion QA/QC
- Project management experience should include management of budgets, schedules, design contracts, and construction contracts
- Experience producing results with gas and electrical utilities and leading local, state and federal permitting efforts is strongly preferred
- Extremely organized and can confidently communicate project status and risk mitigation strategies to Bloom Energy senior executive leadership with little notice
- Familiarity with building/mechanical/electrical codes (NEC, NFPA) highly favorable
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams of subject matter experts strongly preferred
- B.S. Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, and/or Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred though other technical degrees (Construction Mgmt, Architecture, etc.) will be considered. MBA a plus
- Scheduling software programs: Microsoft Project and/or P6
- Command of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel. Advanced experience is preferred
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.