Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for a Production Planner to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Establishes the production schedule in the ERP system by firming, releasing and tracking the flow of work orders in the ERP system
- Serves as a single point of contact to the Manufacturing organization on material availability status for assigned production work centers. Works closely with procurement, planning, logistics and other supply chain functions for material status and to align manufacturing plans and material flow.
- Drives transaction discipline, ensures that manufacturing reports each milestone operation in the ERP system tracks the timely close of work orders
- Establishes and maintains ERP item planning parameters including manufacturing lead times, planning time fences, order modifiers and continuously improves data integrity in the ERP system
- Ensures accurate and timely set up for manufacturing BOMs for all items. Monitors the integrity between engineering and manufacturing BOMs. Reviews and approves engineering change orders, planning bills of materials and deviation requests.
- Revises the schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability of parts & material
- Tracks the accuracy of manufacturing routings and works closely with manufacturing engineers on the optimization of all routing steps and standard operations
- Monitors work order aging in the ERP system and continuously drives for reductions in WIP inventory
- Collaborates with all functions to ensure buy in and adherence to the production schedule
- Contributor to the implementation of all materials affected on Engineering Change Notices
- Monitors accuracy of plan assumptions on a daily basis, communicate required adjustments to the rest of the materials team
- Analyze monthly Inventory Aging reports based on agreed parameters and provide forward visibility on potential issues.
- Develop and publish inventory reports to management outlining current inventory levels/trends, potential excess/obsolete and drive inventory management initiatives to manage inventory to the agreed levels
Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain / Logistics / Business /Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in Inventory Management/Production Planning/Scheduling
- Must have good verbal, written, communications skills. Must have proven problem-solving skills and ability to work with close-knit teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ERP experience required. Experience using Oracle ERP or similar ERP system
- Solid understanding of/experience with MS Office
- Highly analytical skill set with excel experience and attention to details
- APICS Certification preferred
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.