Job Description: Bloom Energy, the world’s leading distributed power generation fuel cell company, is looking for a DOD Strategic Account Executive to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
We are seeking a progressive Sales Executive that can continue to accelerate our commercial business transformation focused on solving the big energy challenges of reliability, sustainability, speed to power and rising costs of electricity for governments, companies and utilities. We are seeking an accomplished sales professional to lead sales activities to the US Department of Defense (DoD). Reporting to the SVP, Sales. You will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive business plan to achieve short-and long-range revenue targets for the US DoD market. Execution includes personally developing new customer accounts, driving account growth, and building, maintaining, and closing pipeline opportunities. Develop and manage the DoD sales pipeline to achieve targeted revenue objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop and manage the DoD sales pipeline to achieve targeted revenue objectives.
• Identify, qualify, shape, and win strategically relevant business opportunities.
• Understand the customer's mission; develop & win compelling high-impact solutions.
• Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
• Enterprise experience - Cross-section of accounts; contain commercial and government accounts. Federal is the focus for this position.
• Build and execute account plans that drive sustainable business growth.
• Work collaboratively across company functions including finance, legal, engineering and product to deliver targeted results.
Skills and Experience:
• 15+ years of experience of large, strategic DOD sales experience.
• Primarily a value based, solution oriented (HW/SW/SVCS) sales history versus transactional.
• Demonstrated ability to operate successfully at the C-Level of multi-billion dollar companies and develop relationships at the executive level within accounts.
• Proven ability to climb the stack and work downwards into key stakeholders for multi-level sales
• Able to travel as required in order to cover a large geographic area.
• Demonstrated ability to close multi-million dollar projects (>$10M) little direct management oversight.
• Demonstrated success having carried a multi-million dollar individual quota selling direct to large and medium sized enterprises.
• Demonstrated ability to exceed sales goals, selling capital equipment, into large accounts.
• Skilled in Consultative Selling.
• Passionate about our customers, solution, and cross functional team work.
• Bachelor degree in business management/ economics /technology, MBA, Military is preferred.
• Finance acumen and ability to overcome pricing via TCO and ROI selling.
• Experience in Energy or Enterprise Solution Selling are preferred.
• Excellent relationship and negotiations skills with internal and external stakeholders.
• Additional Skill Areas: • Strategic planning and thinking. • Creative problem solving skills. • Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way. • Creative thinking and ability to innovate.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.