Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for Process Engineer, Stack Manufacturing to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide off-shift coverage (evenings and/or weekends) of all process engineering activities across multiple functional areas for fuel cell manufacturing.
• Address production issues in a real-time manner. Collect and analyze equipment data and product data and disposition accordingly.
• Collect and analyze data for both operational metrics and functional performance, and drive tool matching and improvements.
• Define preventive and corrective actions to eliminate root cause of failures.
• Develop and sustain processes, operating procedures, and related documentation.
• Provide training to production team members on procedures and reaction plans.
• Work in cross-functional teams with Quality, Product Development, and Manufacturing team to develop procedures and deliver efficiency improvements for manufacturing.
Skills and Experience:
• B.S. or M.S degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Materials), Physics, or Chemistry.
• Good communication skills required, will need to provide verbal and written passdowns and reports to coworkers.
• Experience with databases, SPC, DOE, and statistical analysis of manufacturing data.
• Able to troubleshoot technical problems to root cause.
• 1 – 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environments, with hands-on engineering work in semiconductor, hard disk, solar, or related industries.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to understand interaction of hardware and process as they affect the final product.
• Demonstrated track record of solving manufacturing yield problems.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.