Job Title: Sr.Staff Mechanical Engineer, NPI
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineering, NPI to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA and will involve 30% traveling.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Manage new NPI Project transfers to Bloom Manufacturing and CM’s.
• Ability to communicate clearly & professionally with cross-functional team and also with external vendors.
• Work with product development and provide DFM design for manufacturing and final testing improvements.
• Develop, manage and update process PFMEAs for new or modified processes and equipment.
• Develop part and assembly drawings, Solidworks CAD models, ePDM.
• Design of tools and test fixtures for Plumbing/mechanical Assemblies.
• Ability to lead Mechanical team.
• Failure analysis of components and preventative or corrective action.
• Develop work instructions and document new products/tests, product design improvements, and process improvements.
• Develop, and/or work with suppliers to generate process check requirements and tools.
• Generate and release part/assembly drawings and Bill of Materials into PLM system.
• Train manufacturing personnel on assembly, test processes, and test equipment.
Skills and Experience:
• 5-6+ years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering or New Product Introduction. The candidate will have worked in oil and gas, energy and power, pharmaceutical production, chemical processing, large capital equipment, or related industry. Knowledge of fuel cell systems is a plus but is not required
• Experience in the design and fabrication of hardware utilizing sheet metal, machined parts, casting, welding.
• Experience in plumbing/tubing.
• Experience in developing drawings using Solidworks and ePDM.
• Ability to independently manage projects
• Experience in rapid scale up of a new products and or operations
• Ability to understand, troubleshoot and resolve issues with a hands-on approach
• Excellent hands-on bench/lab skills working with mechanical components.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced start up environment
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• Knowledge of Electrical Assemblies a plus.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.