Bloom Energy, the leader in disruptive energy solutions based on its world changing fuel cell technology is looking for an exceptional Vice President, Americas Sales leader to drive the commercial change needed to take advantage of the significant energy transformation the US is undergoing. This individual will possess an outstanding track record of sales transformation, preferably in the energy sector.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to create the next generation sales strategy, team and execution plan to meet and exceed the commercial goals. (Bookings, revenue and P&L based.) This will be based on hiring and developing a world-class direct team that is experienced at creating and driving a market transition that results in growing bookings momentum. It will also require exceptional customer centricity, working with a partnership/ecosystem approach, and the ability to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the management and successful execution of topline sales growth initiatives and the establishment of commercial excellence.
• Drive and create the next generation collaboration model, across sales and the company that focuses on customer and market transformational opportunities for business growth.
• Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementing of strategic business objectives
• Leads Sales strategic planning to ensure the business can meet present and future goals
• Design effective sales employee communication tools and training that is focused on driving sales for the company
• Creates and monitor metrics for process improvement and increased sales
• Responsible for delivering cross functional alignment, accountability, collaboration capabilities, and will lead a broad range of strategic operational initiatives
• Established and deliver quarterly competitive insight reports to executive teams (QBRs, Board of Directors, Executive staff reviews)
• Drive change and performance management to facilitate high performing teams worldwide
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and 15+ plus years of direct relevant experience, advanced degree strongly preferred
• Demonstrated success in a dynamic, frequently changing, and geographically dispersed environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and "Customer Focus" with ability to positively interact with Executives, business managers, employees and partners
• Expert knowledge of Sales processes modeling and analysis
• Proven business acumen, excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
• Change agent that will amplify the right culture, ethics and motivate talent
About Bloom Energy
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies operate in the new norm of Utility outages without effecting their primary business operations, which operates at a cleaner level than before to utilizing cleaner, more reliable electricity generated with no combustion.
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.