Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for a Director, Installation Design to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of talented electrical and civil design engineers (including several with PE qualifications) to design installations of Bloom fuel cells that allow high-quality, timely and cost competitive execution.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of cutting edge approaches to installations that minimize cost and maximize quality and speed.
- Lead the group to set and meet or exceed performance goals that provide Bloom with competitive advantages in the marketplace.
- Continuously develop and maintain standard set of specifications for site designs which includes all aspects of “green” and “brown” installations.
- Collaborate with peers in the Installation group to ensure tight coordination and integration of all utility, regulatory, customer and permitting requirements.
- Coach, mentor and help the team achieve higher levels of performance in a rewarding and fun environment.
- Implement processes and procedures to systemically improve the quality of the design process with quantifiable validation and feedback loops
- Work closely with company R&D, Product management and other internal groups to provide inputs into the design of future generation products. Participate in the Phase Review process for product development.
- Create and execute strategic plans to ensure that the organization is prepared to address new business goals.
- Be a charismatic leader with good leadership skills including strong inter-personal skills to effectively manage and nourish relationships at senior levels with Customers, Suppliers, Utilities, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s).
- Develop internal capability to sign and seal drawings for submission to AHJs
Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering with 15+ years of hands on experience in power generation , distribution or other highly relevant industry.
- Highly motivated self-starter with experience in managing a large group engineers and contractors.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills up, down and across the organization and outside the company including the ability to confidently and effectively define engineering requirements including to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of codes related to construction projects (i.e. IBC, NFPA, NEC, ASCE, AWWA)
- Some experience with utilities, permitting agencies and developing a permit drawing set would be helpful.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to move the needle on excellence.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.