We are looking for Field Service Project Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies
Prospective candidates must be interested in creating and deploying innovative technologies, and changing the way electricity is generated and distributed worldwide. Projects range in size from 200 kW distributed generation projects to 30+ MW utility-scale projects.
The Field Service Project Manager role is demanding with high visibility within Bloom Energy and with critical customers, key vendors, and potentially manages the efforts of multiple project managers, site supervisors, contractors, and other functional support roles. The Field Service Project Manager provides coordination and oversight for projects and contractors working on field upgrades, repairs, and maintenance. This role is often customer facing, and is key to providing an extraordinary experience for Bloom Energy customers.
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position serves the USA. Ability to travel to various job locations as needed is necessary.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible and accountable for fuel cell system upgrade, repair, and maintenance projects requiring direct and/or indirect management of the following:
- Track, manage and execute all aspects of Field Service’s Site System Upgrade program
- Broadly support business development initiatives, interact with Sales, Legal, EH&S, and other internal departments to determine scope, compliance, etc.
- Create and execute project operations budgets and schedules
- Mission critical power assessments and mitigation plans for upgrades
- Design and construction contract negotiation and fulfillment
- Construction and project documentation completion to meet all technical and governmental standards
- Determine permitting needs and work with Permitting team as needed
- Gas and electrical utility coordination
- Create construction bid documents, SOWs, get bids, coordinate work
- Project commissioning coordination with Field Service resources
- Contribute to the success of Bloom Energy’s long-term process improvement efforts by editing and creating work flow processes and documentation
- Ensure exemplary safety and performance during site construction and commissioning
- Deliver presentations confidently to all project stakeholders, sell new ideas to Bloom Energy senior leadership and its customer base
- Manage planned maintenance and emergent repairs, coordinated both outside contractors and inside resources
- Cultivate relationships with internal partners in Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Supply Chain to vet and develop upgrade campaigns, enable failure analysis
- Analyze and collect data to produce progress reports and PowerPoint slides
- Conduct meetings to coordinate projects, keep agendas, send meeting summaries
- Able to drive desired results from disparate interests with clear vision and strong communications skills
- Able to create and present project schedules at any level from technicians to C-suite
- Position requires domestic travel, potentially several times a month
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience in distributed energy, electrical generation, construction project management, or other relevant field
- Renewable energy experience at scales less than 50 MW is strongly preferred.
- Significant field experience is also preferred with an emphasis on electrical up to 480VAC
- Project management experience should include management of budgets, schedules, design contracts, and construction contracts
- Meticulous attention to detail and very strong written and verbal communications skills
- Extremely organized and can confidently communicate project status and risk mitigation strategies to Bloom Energy senior executive leadership with little notice
- Familiarity with building/mechanical/electrical codes (NEC, NFPA) highly favorable
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams of subject matter experts
- Able to create and maintain clear project objectives, schedules, and deadlines
- Command of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel; Advanced experience is preferred
- Able juggle many projects and priorities
- Experience with Oracle and/or Salesforce desirable
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required
- PMP Certification a plus.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.