Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for a RMCC Operations Technician to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Control Center Monitoring Operations Technicians will monitor and troubleshoot the systems installed at customer sites from the Remote Monitoring Center in the San Jose office. This role offers opportunity to enhance technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills and to grow in the role.
• Remote monitoring of deployed units in operation
• Respond to system alarms and complete initial system actions
• Analyze and identify cause of system issues, supporting the Field Service Technician with the troubleshooting effort, and troubleshoot issues remotely
• Work on Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical sub-systems of power generation.
• Maintaining logs of events
• Escalating complex issues to supervisors and other groups
Working hours: 8 hour shifts to support 24 hour operation
• Prior experience in remote monitoring and troubleshooting (preferred)
• Technical background experience (preferred)
• Demonstrated technical writing skills
• Highly motivated and able to work independently in a high pressure environment
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
High School or Community college education or experience in Military service with technical aptitude.
• Experience in monitoring systems and working in shifts
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience is required.
• 24/7 operations in rotating shift schedule (will receive a 10% shift differential on top of base rate)
• 2-5 years of relevant experience as a Technician with knowledge of troubleshooting Electrical systems.
• Basic understanding of fuel cell operation desired, but not required.
• Prior experience as an electrician or with large 3phase UPS (back-up power) systems is highly beneficial
• 24/7 operations
• Basic understanding of requirements of working safely with fuels such as natural gas, propane, and hydrogen
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.