Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for a Se nior Manager, Repair and Overhaul Production Control Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Newark, Delaware reporting to Head of Repair and Overhaul Operations.
Role and Responsibilities
• Champion the Production Control / Production Planning process for Bloom Energy Repair and Overhaul Operations, integrating and synchronizing all manufacturing schedules and supply plans.
• The Production Control plan will include the Field Return and Full Single Piece Flow production plan for Global Field demands for Field Replaceable Units (FRUs) and Components.
• Own the creation of a production plan that is well coordinated across all production teams, feasible from a supply chain parts availability standpoint, and consistent with executive expectations.
• Monitor performance to plan, identify process improvements to support company goals which meet or exceed the key KPIs relating to Services, escalate / resolve critical issues, and work with Plant to ensure all functions are prepared to support.
• Facilitate healthy accountability across functions / plants by creating simple, visual, reporting tools.
• Provide a targeted focus on near term shipments, encouraging plant engagement and ensuring that completed units are quickly moved to a shippable state.
• Ensure that production schedules meet the Global Field demands while balancing workforce levels.
• Prepares capacity planning analyses. Recommends purchase of additional capacity where necessary.
• Ensure the Production Plan is fully reflected in the ERP system at all times through daily engagement with supply chain team, partnering with the Planners to identify root causes of disconnects.
• Analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepare reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
• Other duties as required
• Drives Results: Demonstrated ability to achieve results in multiple industries and/or companies.
• Strategic Ability: Think and Act Strategically with solid Business acumen
• Leadership Style: Lead by example and willingness to “live and learn”.
• Courage: Ability to ‘resolve ties’ in the organization.
• The Winning Edge: A winner throughout one’s career.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain. APICS certification preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience working in Production Control, Materials Management or Supply Chain
• High volume or high mix manufacturing experience with associated Lean training.
• Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
• Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office with focus on Excel; database familiarity
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams to consensus decisions.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Performs well under pressure.
• Must demonstrate a bias for action and implementation.
• Must be a creative thinker and have a vision of how to raise process maturity to the next level.
• Must have a demonstrated ability in process creation and implementation.
• Must be a team player and value employee development / mentoring on the job.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.