Job Title: Engineer, Safety & Compliance
We are looking for Engineer, Safety & Compliance to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This position will have responsibility for helping Bloom Energy successfully maintain and obtain Agency certifications. The role includes the following:
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Specifying certification requirements for an SOFC fuel cell system, both domestic and international.
- Specifying certification requirements of electrical and mechanical components for a SOFC fuel cell system, both domestic and international.
- Coordinating agency compliance projects for FC 1 and/or IEC 62282 series for the fuel cell, both domestic and international.
- Coordinating agency compliance projects for other Bloom Energy owned Agency projects, both domestic and international.
- Work with Applications Engineering on compliance issues related to installations, both domestic and international.
- Work with domestic and international utilities, inspection authorities, and other government agencies to negotiate market acceptance of Bloom Energy products.
- Prepare documentation for Agency engineering projects.
- Maintain a library of technical decisions between Bloom Energy and Agency.
- Work jointly with supply chain personnel to ensure sourced components complete agency certifications
- Work jointly with engineering staff to ensure that items related to compliance are driven to closure on-time
- Coordinate Field Evaluations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years of compliance engineering experience
- Technical Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent ability to work on many items in parallel
- Excellent complex project management experience
- Excellent ability to track action items and drive to closure
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Prior working experience with or at Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL)
- Prior working experience with or at an international certification agency
- Prior working experience with hydrogen equipment product safety engineering
- Prior working experience with hazardous location equipment product safety engineering.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.