Job Title: Sr. Staff Component Engineer, Hydrogen
We are looking for Sr. Staff Component Engineer, Hydrogen to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with system and fuel cell design engineers to develop component specifications
- Work with vendors on component development and production. Some travel to vendor sites may be required.
- Engineer will work closely with suppliers and will need to collaborate cross-functionally to efficiently qualify and implement new systems.
- Develop and execute component qualification and acceptance test plans (e.g. flow, thermal cycle, life cycle, etc.)
- Lead component anomaly investigations due to issues at the build, test, or system install sites, driving to root cause and issue resolution
- Provide technical support for system operations
- Manage multiple component projects simultaneously which could include valves, instrumentation, turbomachinery equipment
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience working in a lab or R&D environment
- 6+ years of engineering experience
- Excellent technical understanding of fluid mechanics
- Prior working experience with hydrogen equipment component engineering
- Prior working experience with hazardous location equipment.
- Technical understanding of control systems and process control optimization
- Strong experience with P&ID structure
- Ability to handle multiple functions including design, testing, data analysis, design review, etc.
- Experience with New Product Development process
- Strong communication skills to manage vendor development projects
- Understanding of quality systems, FMEA, and root cause analysis
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.