Job Title: Director, Commercial Finance
The Bloom Energy Finance team is seeking a highly motivated Director, Commercial Finance to join its Financial Planning and Analysis team. This role will be the key Financial Leader in partnering with the Sales & Marketing teams to drive the future growth of the company. The successful candidate will provide key deal decision support analysis & drive improved process rigor & simplification to maximize deal review flow through approvals. The scope of the role will require the candidate to collaborate cross functionally while driving outcomes & results quickly to the company’s growth objectives. Commercial & market metrics will be key feeds to the VP FP&A & EVP CFO to evaluate financial performance, growth projections & approval needs.
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Finance business partnership support to the Chief Sales Officer and Chief Marketing Officer and their leadership teams.
- Collaborate with Sales Ops Team to define standard deal template, delegation of authority & deal process review including potential war room concept
- Contribute to Sales compensation analysis with financial sensitivities. Partner to design plan that optimizes incentives to drive volume & pricing
- Support monthly, quarterly & annual budget versus actual analysis; and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variance with VP, Business Operations
- Conduct ad-hoc reporting and analysis of strategic initiatives identified by senior management
- Drive clarity in the definition of standard vs non-standard deals and required processes to expedite approvals
- Co-lead deal financial modeling with Structured Finance & Sales Ops
- Partner & financially support new market opportunities with accurate financial analysis
- Develop sound financial forecasts for 5 mid/long term growth pillars
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Periodically present to cross-functional department leads and senior management, including CFO
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 12-15+ years of overall finance experience, 6+ years supporting sales/marketing operations is preferred
- Direct experience supporting a business unit of functional area
- Strong understanding of and ability to model working relationship between financial statements
- Strong understanding of GAAP as it relates to impact on financial models
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to organize complex and ambiguous business decisions, and to collect data necessary to conduct meaningful analysis to support business recommendations
- Committed to high standards of accuracy and precision
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- MBA, or similar degree in Finance or Accounting a plus, but not required