Job Description: Assembly Technician
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for an Assembly Technician to join its world-class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. The Assembly Technician will be responsible for manual component assembly, equipment operation, preparing material kitting for assembly, quality data collection, standard work creation, and all Lean manufacturing principles. The Assembly Technician is subject to department transfers based on production demand.
Location: This position will be based in Newark, DE
Role and Responsibilities:
• Following standard work to build assemblies.
• Selecting proper materials from warehouse to complete standard work.
• Identifying and implementing continuous improvement ideas.
• Use designated inspection equipment.
• Perform minimal tool preventive maintenance.
• Assist in development of manufacturing procedures to create the most efficient processes.
• Record quality data.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school or equivalency diploma required
• 3 to 4 years’ experience in a high capacity manufacturing environment.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Experience with Automated Equipment.
• Good Attendance, Initiative, responsible follow through and a willingness to help.
• Strong trouble-shooting skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator.
• Able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
• Must have computer skills, minimum Microsoft office.
• Demonstrated ability to use small hand and power tools, previous experience with p.c. based testing equipment is preferred.
• Excellent hand and eye coordination is needed.
• Complete tasks within standard times with minimum supervision.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
• Must be flexible with changing shift or work schedule.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.