Job Description: Welder
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for an Assembly Technician to join its world-class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. The Assembly Technician will be responsible for manual component assembly, equipment operation, preparing material kitting for assembly, quality data collection, standard work creation, and all Lean manufacturing principles. The Assembly Technician is subject to department transfers based on production demand.
Location: This position will be based in Newark, DE
Role and Responsibilities:
• TIG experience in Inconel and Stainless Steel
• Experience in vacuum welding will be preferred
• Perform basic job functions as directed by Shift Lead or Supervisor safely and efficiently
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures and/or Work Instructions exactly as written to produce a quality product
• Fabricate components for use in a solid oxide fuel cell electrical power generator.
• Perform maintenance and repairs on equipment.
• Maintain all machine shop equipment
• Notify management of shop consumables (i.e. cutting oils, welding gasses, tooling and bits, etc) in order to maintain inventories
• Create assembly and fabrication fixtures
• Address and recommend improved methods for creating hardware, and assemblies
Education and Experience:
• High school or equivalency diploma required
• Prior manufacturing experienced preferred
• Will be required to work in a safe manner in machine shop operations
• Must demonstrate high levels of quality in welding exotic materials, such as Inconel
• Must work well on cross functional teams
• Must be able to work well with limited supervision
• Must keep a clean and orderly work environment
• Must have proficient use of hand tools, and bench top equipment
• Be flexible on shifts and working hours
Education and Experience:
• H.S. diploma or equivalent technical/military training preferred.
• 6 – 8 years working experience in a capital equipment environment, where hands on manufacturing practices were required.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.