We are looking for Materials Program Management to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
The WW Materials Program Manager plays a critical role in ensuring operational success for the Procurement organization. In this role, you will be responsible for materials readiness, availability, and visibility. This is a strategic supply chain role, interacting with our Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and internal core teams, encompassing critical component planning, allocation direction, supply flexibility modeling, and materials liability management. Their objective is to design and implement a MPM operating model that can scale to be an integral part of development process by providing a balanced strategy and relentless execution to enable Time to Market, Cost entitlement & Supply base capability
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
• New products ownership
• Responsible for materials readiness, availability, and visibility for new products
• Interacting with our supply partners and internal core teams like Engineering , Quality, Manufacturing etc on new product schedules and deliverables
• Engineering and development builds cost management
• Supply chain ownership for Program budgets and Phase reviews
• Lead Design for Manufacturing and Design for cost activities
• Critical component planning, allocation direction, supply flexibility modeling, and materials liability management
• Develop strategic roadmap for the phase‐out of obsolete parts and new product materials.
• Prepare and communicate critical Materials updates at weekly new product Executive Program reviews
• Through a deep understanding of our commodity terms, ensure the logistical flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules, inventory control requirements, and ongoing material line support
• New product Handoff to operations team
Skills, Experiences, and Education:
• Bachelor's Degree with minimum 3+ years of professional experience required.
• MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations Management preferred
• Positive attitude and team work
• Ability to problem-solve and influence others through relationships and data
• Advanced modeling and predictive analytical skills; "Advanced User" of MS Excel with deep understanding of Excel techniques.
• Professional experience with complex supply chain, technical expertise, or prior OEM management experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to management required.
• International experience and Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese language skills a plus.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.