We are looking for Staff Controls Engineer to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create, analyze, design, and implement algorithms in MATLAB, C, Python, and possibly other languages, on diverse processing platforms
- Support development of tools for algorithm verification and validation
- Follow defined software development practices and procedures
Skills and Experience:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent experience and exceptional ability equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, Python or MATLAB
- Experience in developing model predictive control
- Experience in porting algorithms to embedded systems and optimizing code
- General familiarity with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls
- Experience with cross functional team interaction
- Experience with machine learning frameworks
- Experience with large-scale data processing
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.