Job Description: Assembly Technician
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for an Assembly Technician to join its world-class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. The Assembly Technician will be responsible for manual component assembly, equipment operation, preparing material kitting for assembly, quality data collection, standard work creation, and all Lean manufacturing principles. The Assembly Technician is subject to department transfers based on production demand.
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Location: This position will be based in Newark, DE
Role and Responsibilities:
• Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and instructions.
• Select proper materials from kit carts to complete standard work.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement ideas and 5S principles.
• Use designated inspection equipment to inspect completed work.
• Use various machines and hand tools to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Maintain equipment and performs preventive maintenance when required.
• Ensure efficiency and productivity by evaluating and modifying production processes and/or equipment.
• Periodically checks products per company policy to ensure quality; resolves any identified problems, and alerts appropriate chain of command.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and best practices.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• High school or equivalency diploma required
• Prior manufacturing experienced preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Basic hand tool experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish effective cross-functional working relationships
• Thorough understanding of products and equipment used in manufacturing preferred.
• Prolonged periods of standing and performing repetitive tasks.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
• Must have manual dexterity in order to assemble products as directed.
• Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
• Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.