We are looking for a Senior Human Resources Generalist to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
This role will contribute to the overall success of the organization by supporting day-to-day activities of the HR department in collaboration with Centers of Excellence. You will be accountable for hands-on generalist support to multiple plant locations with focus on HR operations, hiring, HRIS management, employee relations, onboarding, training, performance management, workers compensation, policy administration to ensure legal compliance.
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in Newark, DE
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for requisition management, inclusive of opening, closing, and transferring requisitions based on hiring forecast and production demands.
• Collaborate with staffing in the hiring process of contractors and external hires.
• Counsel managers and supervisors on employee relations issues, including conducting investigations and recommending appropriate corrective action.
• Maintain employee records via HRIS system (Workday) and compile HR reports as needed.
• Facilitate New Employee Orientation program for the East Coast region and ensure appropriate onboarding process of new employees.
• Respond to HR inquiries and requests from employees, applicants, and outside parties.
• Interview non-exempt and exempt staff for hiring qualified job applicants for open positions.
• Process terminations and owns off boarding process.
• Ensure job descriptions are current, compliant, and maintained.
• Track and document compliance for corporate training. Conduct training programs when required.
• Lead cross-functional teams focused on employee engagement.
• Assist with Worker’s Compensation and Leave of Absence processes as necessary.
• Comply with federal, state, local employment laws and regulations, inclusive of employment notices and postings required by law.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines.
• Dynamic, flexible, and proactive with a high level of credibility.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and “Customer Focus” with ability to interact with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrates analytical skills including experience with reporting and analyzing data.
• Must possess strong written/verbal communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
• Autonomy: ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite; Excel proficiency a plus.
• Ability to manage confidentially at all levels.
• Possess strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge in administering and interpreting HR policies and practices in compliance with employment laws.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field required; MBA preferred
• 5+ years of progressive HR experience in a fast paced environment; manufacturing and/or high-tech industry experience a plus
• HRIS experience required; preferably in Workday
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP desired.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.