We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager (R&O Delaware) to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be responsible for working with the Manufacturing Engineering group within to design, develop, test, and implement processes that will help our team exceed the company targets for Safety, Quality, Productivity and Delivery.
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Bloom’s Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for micro grid applications. We are helping companies power their primary business without disruption or combustion. Our customers include but are not limited to; manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, colleges, and more! For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Location: This position will be based in Newark, DE
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of engineers through mentoring, development, performance management and compensation reviews.
- Support of Operations team through hands-on involvement on production floor focusing on cost, efficiency, and safety improvement projects, working hand-in-hand with Operations team to successfully execute quarterly production goals.
- Development and ownership of cost reduction projects from idea generation, business case development, project planning, tracking, execution, and implementation.
- Continuous Improvement: Devise novel ways to improve manufacturing processes, product flow, and reduce waste using Lean Manufacturing/Ergonomic Manufacturing techniques.
- Support and maintain process/manufacturing technologies from proof of concept through production, acting as the liaison between Design Engineering and Operations for the development and control of tools, BOMs, software, fixtures and gauges to improve safety, quality, throughput, repeatability and ergonomics with the highest possible Return on Investment
- Lead Safety and Plant Manufacturing Engineering teams in the manufacturing and assembly plant.
Skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree required – Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering degree; Masters in Engineering or MBA are a plus
- 7-10+ years of experience on similar industry and managing people
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and resolve issues with equipment & processes in a hands-on manner
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing (TPS preferred), process improvements, maintenance, safety, quality, productivity & cost
- Experience in rapid scale up of a new products and or operations is highly desirable
- Line automation and productivity improvement experience
- Demonstrated record of building up a successful team, motivating and coaching employees to excel
- Achieve Results on a Consistent Basis: Demonstrated ability to achieve results in multiple industries and/or companies. Can lead cross functional teams to consensus decisions.
- Must be able to build relationships across organizational boundaries
- Must be hands-on, willing to spend significant amount of time on production floor with troubleshooting and support of Operations team
- Ability to excel in a complex, fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be self-motivated with intense energy level and a strong work ethic.
- Desire to take on challenges head on and embrace adversity.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, programs and roles.
- Commitment to the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result