Our client is a is a premier global provider of responsive management consulting, logistics solutions, and professional services, delivering quantifiable cost savings and improvement in mission readiness to our customers.
They are currently seeking a Shipboard Material Coordinator in Charleston, SC.
Description: This position is on board an Army Pre-positioned Ship located in areas to include Korea, Guam and Diego Garcia for a period of 12 months.
• The Material Coordinator coordinates and expedites flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules or department supervisors' priorities.
• In this job, the Material Coordinator reviews production schedules and confers with department supervisors to determine material required or overdue and to locate material, requisitions material and establishes delivery sequences to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of material; arranges for in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules, and with department supervisors for repair and assembly of material and its transportation to various departments, and examines material delivered to production departments to verify if type specified.
• This Worker may monitor and control movement of material and parts along conveyor system, using remote-control panel board, compute amount of material needed for specific job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes and using adding machine; compile report of quantity and type of material on hand, move or transport material from one department to another, using hand or industrial truck; may compile perpetual production records in order to locate material in process of production, using manual or computerized system, and maintain employee records.
Additional Important Information:
• Due to this unique role, the incumbent is committed to a minimum of one year in position before he/she can be considered for another position. Upon completion of each year in position, incumbent will receive a year-end bonus and one round trip ticket to home of record or destination of less distance. Employees must be in top physical condition as working and living on board ship is physically demanding.
***Candidates are subject to various medical screenings, dental screening, and background check***
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Five years directly related work experience
• Certificate from a vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in Material Accounting/Inventory Methods or related field - five years of work experience may substitute
• Completion of intermediate supply course, or equivalent work experience
• Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License
• U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain base access to Goose Creek Naval Weapons Station
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of Army Supply system preferred
• Direct related experience or working knowledge of tool custodian regulations
High School diploma or equivalent
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.