Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking a Hardware Technician Specialist in Manassas, VA.
Provides hardware engineering support as needed, to include: hardware standup, hardware movement to support new system configurations, troubleshoot and repair/replace defective hardware, assist with hardware testing and reviews, as required.
• Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
• Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas.
• Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
• Works from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
• Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 Years of experience.
• Must be CompTIA A+ certified
• Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
• Demonstrate H/W related skills and abilities in maintaining lab hardware
• Possess excellent organizational and reporting abilities
• Ability to work independently at times with some oversight and/ or direction, and to work with a team
• Effective communication skills, in both oral and written form
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Hardware troubleshooting capabilities
• Familiarity with laboratory working conditions
• Linux OS • BIOS configuration and update familiarity
• High School
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD Secret clearance required.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.