Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking a Test and Evaluation Technician in Manassas, VA.
• The Test and Evaluation Support Technician provides support to system Integration and Test (I&T) engineers in conducting of system level testing.
• Performs system stress testing and evaluation tasks and activities to include: software kit installations, system testing, find, fix, and retest (FFR) activities, and documents failure reports.
• Maintains system testing environment, performs system operations, runs health checks and error recoveries.
• Performs IETM procedures and reports deficiencies, supports development of system engineering documentation.
• Tests software for functionality and sequence
• Support hardware installation and cabling.
• Success in this position requires an assertive, professional, and confident attitude.
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
• Performs system level testing, evaluation and related tasks and activities.
• Documents system test results, failure reports, and documentation deficiencies.
• Assists the system I&T engineering teams in isolating root cause of problems.
• Performs maintenance of system test document (updates and corrects procedures).
• Performs basic hardware/software installation and operation related tasks.
• Follows direction of system I&T engineering leads.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Former military experience with Submarine Combat Systems (SONAR, BYG-1, IMAGING, etc.).
• Ability to perform as a self-starter and work with minimal supervision and oversight when required.
• Ability to use technical information, tables, and drawings.
• Ability to perform system configuration or troubleshooting procedures.
• High School level or college degree in related discipline, military experience, or equivalent job related experience and two year’s professional experience.
• Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance, Active Secret clearance preferred.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.