Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Lab Support Technician in Manassas, VA.
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment and equipment spaces in the lab environment or in the field, as needed. Provides technical support at customer and/or field locations for integrated systems, subsystems, and software. Analyzes and evaluates systems and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades, and removes equipment as specified in engineering field changes. Maintains effective communications and relations with customers.
Specific Job Description
Provide technical services in support of, but not limited to, the following submarine systems: AN/BVY-1 Integrated Submarine Imaging System (ISIS) sub-systems. Equipment Support Technician responsible for the stand-up and introduction of the latest technology to the US Navy Submarine Fleet. Provide services following Lockheed Martin direction to perform Fleet/NAVSEA tasking including: equipment and equipment space management, system removal and installation, system software/hardware support, on-board troubleshooting (including fiber optic and system networking support), and corrective maintenance actions. Work requires personnel to be on travel approximately 25% of the time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Journeyman level knowledge or better in server-based processors and networks
• Must be a self-starter able to work independently with little supervision
• Possess excellent communication and writing skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Prefer a USN submarine qualified technician with at least six years of experience across multiple platforms and systems or four-year college degree in a related discipline.
• Operational, maintenance, and troubleshooting skills for a variety of submarine systems and platforms to include: AN/BVY-1 ISIS sub-systems
• Ability to perform limited onsite training of customer support personnel
• Bachelor’s degree or USN submarine tech experience
• Candidates must be U.S. citizens able to obtain and hold a Secret level security clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.