Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking a Software Developer (C++) in Syracuse, NY.
Our client is looking for a C++ Developer to join our experienced team of developers to create solutions to complex problems with the end user/client in mind. The ideal candidate has gained experience with the full software development lifecycle in an object-oriented analysis and design environment. The Developer will be responsible for performing system software development tasks and activities to include:
• Develops C++ software programs for complex military and space systems.
• Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
• Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
• Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
• Supports software integration activities.
• Work with cross-functional engineering teams in conducting system/software analysis and design
• Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Develops custom C++ software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
• Use data structures, software engineering, OOD, C++ programing techniques and algorithms to write, debug and test code.
• Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
• Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
• Follows direction of software development team leads.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
a. Basic commands
b. Scripting (Bash, Python, etc)
c. Experience with Sysvinit and Systemd
d. Experience with modifying kernel settings, ulimits, etc.
• Strong Debugging skills
a. Dmesg, Ispci, Isof, Netstat, etc
c. Jconsole, Jvisualvm
• Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
• System-level & architecture concepts
b. Basic networking (UDP/TCP, interface management, sub-interfaces, etc.)
c. NTP and time distribution
d. DHCP and IP distribution
e. NFS and filesystem distribution
• Version control & Automation experience
a. Basic concepts of branching and merging
b. Git / Gerrit / Jenkins
Additional Requirements for Software Developer:
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
• Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
• Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD Secret level security clearance.
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.