Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking an Integration/System Services Engineer in Syracuse, NY.
Perform integration tasks merging complex hardware solutions with custom non-commercial software programs. The ideal candidate will be a proficient LINUX engineer to write scripts/utilities for the development of complex military systems. Install newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages. Isolate the source of system operational performance deficiencies to either software or hardware problems. Test, debug, and modify custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Debug, troubleshoot, and develop utilities to resolve software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
• Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source tool suites.
• Perform and support system hardware assembly and software integration in a laboratory environment and at customer locations.
• Follow and execute procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
• Ability to work with software developers in their testing capabilities. Run unit tests and maintain/modify to establish code coverage while working directly with developers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong experience at the Linux command line.
• Integrating software and hardware in complex systems.
• Strong communication skills with developers to explain integration/test results with developers.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Sound knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing.
• Experience working in an Agile/Sprint release planning environment including depth of understanding of providing impact analysis on testing as Sprint and releases are introduced to the integration environment.
• Troubleshooting HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
• Understanding of automated build processes/practices and code management techniques.
• Understanding of full system exposure and system wide activity – Integration testing across systems usage flow checks how one program integrates/impacts other components of the system.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five years professional experience.
• Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
• Familiarity with Navy/Submarine operations is desirable.
• Willingness to work overtime.
• Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
• Bachelor’s degree.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD Secret level security clearance.
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.