Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Management Specialist to join our growing team. The position requires a clear understanding of Project Management and Project Management Office (PMO) principals to provide effective operational support to a major U.S. Army enterprise network transformation program as they deliver and field capabilities that provide the full spectrum of network and IT services for a globally connected Army that offers Soldiers, Commanders, and supporting organizations the ability to access, process and act upon information anytime, anywhere across a Joint Information Environment. The Senior Project Management Specialist position will manage various tasks related to installing network equipment at multiple sites, and will collaborate regularly with the government Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads to support the customer’s mission.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Knowledge regarding Army Program Evaluation Office (PEO) project management methodology, as well as project Cost, Schedule, Performance, metrics development, and Risk Management
• Provide daily, weekly, and monthly project status reports to PEO leadership and stakeholders
• Serve as Operations lead for the PMO; oversee and integrate briefings, content, and strategic communications within the organization and with higher headquarters
• Analyze the action and management plans developed by Product Offices to link the identified goals and strategies to the organization’s annual and multi-year goals
• Support project cost, schedule, and performance by maintaining the tempo and identifying problem areas that need improvement
• Interface with Stakeholders to ensure complete understanding of project status
• Develop briefing slides distributed to Army Signal Command leaders detailing network modernization progress for current projects
• Develop documentation in support of all program related activities including transition memos and recommend modifications to contracts
• Develop technical documentation (i.e. Technical Evaluation memos, Commander’s Critical Information Requirement (CCIR), collect and analyze technical literature, organize descriptive copies, provide clarity and conciseness to written documents
• Review documentation in support of all program related activities including transition memos, modifications to contracts, Statement of Work (SOW), funding and contract documents
• Develop and support program plans, estimates, baseline budget and identify cost and risk
• Conduct weekly site and team meetings to discuss cost, schedule and performance
• Participate as a member of the integrated product team (IPT) to render activities into actionable solutions across the business unit
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of ten years or more experience in project management; support to Army or other military service IT programs or projects a plus.
• Strong organizational management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage program and leadership calendars, and experience in supporting daily operations of a high-visibility program office.
• Basic understanding of US Government acquisition policy and procedures, contracting, and budgets; previous DoD experience in this area a plus.
• Strong stakeholder relationship management skills in high-OPTEMPO environment.
• Capable of using MS Office tools to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
• Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening).
• A proactive attitude that allows the successful candidate to adapt and rapidly adjust as necessary to meet short suspense’s and changing mission requirements.
• Self-starter able to manage tasks with little or no supervision; strong team player.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT Systems or Services, Management, or Engineering from a recognized and accredited university, or equivalent
• Masters Degree a plus
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• U.S. citizen with an active DOD Secret required
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.