Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking a Technical Writer (Sonar Operations) in Manassas, VA.
The Technical Writer (Sonar Operations) researches and writes technical operations technical documentation and/or training content supporting specialized military equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, IT equipment and software. Edits and updates existing technical content in a fast-paced fluid environment of engineering changes. Creates and delivers high-quality technical documentation and training products supporting the employment and operation of the AN/BQQ-10 ARCI Submarine Sonar Set. Communicates clearly and effectively to deliver technical instruction to a wide range of audiences. Responsible for capturing and documenting operational and maintenance related information to support the introduction of new technology to the US Navy submarine fleet.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with BQQ-10 sonar operations
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience performing maintenance on US Navy submarine sonar systems and/or expert level knowledge of acoustics, tactics, techniques, and procedures
• Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions. Knowledge of the English language, grammar, usage and composition
• Ability to learn system hardware and software changes using engineering documentation and notes, working with software and hardware engineers, and working with engineering prototypes
• Ability to write technical content for procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications that describes the operation and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment
• Ability to define required graphics, photographs, tables, figures, and engineering drawings and/or create graphic materials using basic photography and graphic applications such as PowerPoint and Photoshop
• Experience as a US Navy instructor for submarine sonar operations, and qualification as a Master Training Specialist
• Experience operating and maintaining ARCI sonar baselines for TI14 and above
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.