Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Linux Systems Administrator in Manassas, Virginia.
• Performs tasks as Red Hat Linux Systems Engineer and Administrator, develops kernels and other advanced solutions for leading edge technology
• Provide system administration support for system and network design, development, and integration.
• Maintains lab equipment readiness and operation for multi-user computer systems and coordinates with engineers and network administrators.
• Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance
• Installs system wide hardware and software and allocates mass storage space.
• Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
System Administrator Required Tasks
• Performs duties as System Administrator on systems using Linux, Windows, and other operating systems as needed
• Maximizes network performance; troubleshoots and corrects network problems; schedules upgrades; collaborates with network architects on network design
• Provides troubleshooting and assistance in the administration of desktop applications
• Establishes and enforces system access and administration policies
• Performs daily, weekly and monthly health checks on servers, switches and other equipment
• Maintains system configuration, manages installs, integrate fixes, updates, and enhancements
• Performs upgrades, patches, and working with new applications and equipment
• Implements information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices
• Manages accounts, user rights, and access to systems and equipment
• Manages systems resources for performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be a Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) and Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) currently performing daily tasks in the role
• Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
Active DoD Secret level security clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.