Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Linux Engineer in Manassas, Virginia.
The Linux Engineer will develop, enhance and maintain efficient Linux code for complex military systems and subsystems. This position will require the ability to partner with various team members to collaboratively solve deficiencies in the system, assess risks and to provide solutions in accordance with security standards.
• Performs Linux programming tasks for the development of complex military and space systems
• Installs newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages
• Isolates the source of system operational performance deficiencies to either software or hardware problems
• Tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process
• Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules
Linux Engineer Required Tasks:
• Develops Linux code and custom software to support software and hardware operability
• Creates Linux scripts in support of software integration in a laboratory environment
• Provides support for troubleshooting HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues
• Investigates, troubleshoots, and isolates problems found during testing in a Linux environment and creates detailed bug reports
• Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift when required
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience working in an Agile/Sprint release planning environment including depth of understanding of providing impact analysis on testing as Sprint and releases are introduced to the integration environment
• Experience at the Linux command line
• Experience interfacing to RESTful APIs using JSON or XML messaging such as Sinatra (Ruby)
• Sound knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.