Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Field Support Technician in Manassas, Virginia.
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies imaging equipment on-board US Navy submarines. Performs maintenance and technical support activities at customer and/or field locations for ISIS integrated system and subsystem equipment and software. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Removes, upgrades, and installs engineering field changes to equipment. Maintains positive communications and relations with the end customer. Provides onsite training of customer personnel as needed.
Specific Job Description
Provide technical services in support of, but not limited to, the AN/BVY-1 Integrated Submarine Imaging System for US Navy submarines. Field Support Technician responsible for the introduction of the latest technology to the US Navy Submarine Fleet. Provide services following Lockheed Martin direction to perform Fleet/NAVSEA tasking including: system removal and installation, system software/hardware support, on-board troubleshooting (including fiber optic and system networking support), corrective maintenance actions, and on-board maintenance training, Work requires personnel to be on travel approximately 50% of the time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Journeyman level knowledge or better in Server Base Processors and Networks
• Must be a self-starter able to work independently with little supervision
• Possess excellent communication and writing skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Prefer a USN Submarine Electronics or Sonar Technician with at least six years of experience across multiple platforms and systems or four-year college degree in a related discipline
• Operational, maintenance, and troubleshooting skills for a variety of platforms to include: Los Angeles, SSGN, and Virginia Class sub-systems
• Fiber Optic Certification• Sound knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing
Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.