Our client is a high-tech small business focused on the development and application of emerging technologies that solve complex problems within the Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security markets. They are currently focused on performing innovative research and development in the areas of Joint Command and Control, Mobile Computing and Cyberspace. The company is headquartered in Northern Virginia with several work locations and provides an environment and culture that rewards talent and accomplishment. They are a company of mission focused people that are satisfied when they deliver excellence and success to their customers.
They are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer in Alexandria VA.
The Test Engineer will actively participate in on-site testing through unit, development, functional, performance, systems of systems, and acceptance testing of software and hardware. This position requires daily interaction with program leaders, and development and engineering staff to ensure testing activities are executed and communicated across the development and testing teams appropriately.
Team Work - The Test Engineer will be part of a larger test team and be responsible for assisting in the full life-cycle of testing activities. Each test engineer must be capable of exercising any part of the system and will need to stay current with continually evolving system capabilities. This requires continual interaction with development and testing team members.
Problem Solving - The Test Engineer must be able to help discover, triage, and document technical issues as they arise, and help to devise methods and approaches intended to help exercise key system capabilities and proactively discover potential system problem areas.
Issue Tracking - The Test Engineer must be able to systematically and thoroughly capture testing procedures following standard project tracking processes; help to enhance and improve procedures as needed, and to help to convey issues to developers for eventual resolution. Routine use of program issue tracking tools as part of the Atlassian product suite is a critical aspect of this position.
Initiative and Enterprise - The Test Engineer will report to the project lead(s) but will also need to exhibit many self-directed specific tasks in order to meet testing objectives. A self-motivated individual is a must for this position.
Other responsibilities include:
• Active, daily participant for hands-on, manual test activities.
• Developing automated front-end/UI and back-end tests.
• Participate in periodic agile development coordination meetings, and helping to incorporate agile processes into test activities.
• Test software in a cooperative group environment, using modern techniques and processes (e.g., version control, branching, merging, bug tracking, etc.).
• Perform frequent and reoccurring test activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be a quick learner and be adaptable to new technologies.
• Working knowledge of Windows and LINUX.
• Basic understanding of RESTful APIs.
• Working knowledge of Browser debugging tools, Web Console.
• Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive and clear Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Reports.
• Able to take direction and learn testing protocols.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of big data analytics frameworks and visual analytics.
• Background testing Java or similar object-oriented programming languages.
• Experience in automated testing approaches and technologies.
• Understanding of development environments such as JAVA/Maven/Gradle/IDEA.
• Experience working with Virtual Machines, such as VMWare.
• Experience with the Atlassian suite of tool to include Jira, Confluence, Stash and version control systems such as Git.
• Experience with test management software such as TestLink.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• This position requires ability to obtain a US security clearance. A current active clearance is not required.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.