Our client is a high-tech small business focused on the development and application of emerging technologies that solve complex problems within the Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security markets. They are currently focused on performing innovative research and development in the areas of Joint Command and Control, Mobile Computing and Cyberspace. The company is headquartered in Northern Virginia with several work locations and provides an environment and culture that rewards talent and accomplishment. They are a company of mission focused people that are satisfied when they deliver excellence and success to their customers.
They are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer in Alexandria VA.
Our client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to work on our core product platform and Big Data features. If you are a sharp, experienced developer with demonstrated foundations in Java and have experience building NoSQL driven, service based software components we want to hear from you. Joining the team not only provides unique challenges and opportunities, but it also directly and positively impacts many of our Defense and Homeland Security end users.
• Work with Stakeholders, Product Owners, UI/UX team and developers to design user stories, features and software components.
• Design and implement clean, maintainable and performance minded software features using Java, Spring, Spark, Accumulo, Elasticsearch and other components of our platform stack.
• Support the evolution of our platform stack by researching, identifying and supporting the deployment of new components, services and tools.
• Participate in or lead an agile development team by taking ownership, with your team members, of the work assigned to your team every sprint.
• Actively build quality code and implementation consistency by influencing, defining and implementing standards such as unit tests, code style rules and adherence to best practices.
• Participate in code reviews as part of our development process.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or previous work experience.
• 8+ years of experience.
• Experience leading a team using agile methodologies.
• Strong knowledge and experience in Java and JEE based application development with Spring.
• Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and documenting well defined APIs.
• Experience working with relational and NoSQL database systems.
• Experience debugging and profiling bugs and performance problems in a Java/JEE based environment.
• Understanding of web protocols and standards i.e. HTTP, HTTPS, WebSockets, JSON.
• Experience building and utilizing RESTful web services and APIs.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience working with asynchronous messaging systems such as AMQP, Kafka.
• Experience working with Hadoop, HBase, Accumulo, Elasticsearch Spark, and/ or related technologies.
• Experience in designing and developing analytical systems that scale.
• Experience with JBoss/Wildfly.
• Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Agile Development methods.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts and practices.
• Experience building, integrating, deploying and troubleshooting software on Linux in a multiple server, virtual machine and/or container (Docker) environment.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• This position requires ability to obtain a US security clearance. A current active clearance is not required.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.