Our client is a high-tech small business focused on the development and application of emerging technologies that solve complex problems within the Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security markets. They are currently focused on performing innovative research and development in the areas of Joint Command and Control, Mobile Computing and Cyberspace. The company is headquartered in Northern Virginia with several work locations and provides an environment and culture that rewards talent and accomplishment. They are a company of mission focused people that are satisfied when they deliver excellence and success to their customers.
They are currently seeking a Machine Learning Research Engineer in Alexandria VA.
Our client is currently seeking high-quality contributors for a variety of positions in the Northern Virginia area. Their projects include developing complex, web client server applications; developing mobile device applications and prototypes; developing Big Data and machine learning solutions; architecting and prototyping complex distributed command and control network applications.
If you are a sharp researcher with demonstrated capabilities in designing machine learning algorithms and architectures, we want to hear from you. Working with our client not only provides unique challenges and opportunities, it also directly and positively impacts many of their Defense and Homeland Security end users.
• Devise, refine, and — working with the development team — deploy, novel machine learning algorithms and architectures.
• Maintain awareness of current and emerging research in machine learning and how these apply to solving our customers’ challenges.
• Develop captivating solutions by collaborating with customers and development team.
• Document use cases, solutions, & recommendations to customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• MS or PhD in a computational field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Astrophysics) or equivalent work experience.
• Experience designing, developing, training, tuning, and deploying learning models in current ML frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe, Spark MLib, etc.).
• Proficient software development in Python or Java.
• Experience performing exploratory analysis – cleaning, joining, enriching, statistical modeling, and prototyping visualizations to identify latent trends and patterns.
• Experience curating training and analysis datasets – cleaning, enriching, joining, annotating, and crowdsourcing data for creating and evaluating production models.
• Working knowledge of Linux operating systems, distributed systems, and databases (NoSQL and relational).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Published research in novel ML algorithms or methods.
• Excellent understanding of ETL and data analytics platforms.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying analytics in streaming and cross-corpus frameworks like Spring Cloud, Kafka, Spark, MapReduce, and/or other related BigTable technologies.
• Experience with Agile Methodologies.
• Experience with natural language processing techniques and technologies.
• Extensive experience with model transfer techniques and methodologies.
• Experience applying machine learning techniques to sparse data sets.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• This position requires ability to obtain a US security clearance. A current active clearance is not required.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.