Our client is a high-tech small business focused on the development and application of emerging technologies that solve complex problems within the Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security markets. They are currently focused on performing innovative research and development in the areas of Joint Command and Control, Mobile Computing and Cyberspace. The company is headquartered in Northern Virginia with several work locations and provides an environment and culture that rewards talent and accomplishment. They are a company of mission focused people that are satisfied when they deliver excellence and success to their customers.
They are currently seeking a Big Data Machine Learning Engineer in Alexandria VA.
Our client is currently seeking high-quality contributors for a variety of positions in the Northern Virginia area. Their projects include developing complex web client server applications; developing mobile device applications and prototypes; developing Big Data and machine learning solutions; architecting and prototyping complex distributed command and control network applications.
If you are a sharp, experienced engineer with demonstrated capabilities in implementing machine learning and analytical solutions on Big Data stacks we want to hear from you. Working for our client not only provides unique challenges and opportunities, it also directly and positively impacts many of their Defense and Homeland Security end users.
• Identify, develop, and evaluate machine learning capabilities for deployment on our best-of-breed Big Data tech stack in support of multiple customer projects.
• Maintain awareness of current and emerging capabilities in machine learning and analytical technologies and how these apply to solving our customers’ challenges.
• Develop captivating solutions by collaborating with customers and development team.
• Document use cases, solutions, & recommendations to customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS in Computer Science, or equivalent degree or work experience.
• Experience designing, developing, training, tuning, and deploying learning models in current ML frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe, Spark MLib, etc.).
• Strong software development in Python or Java.
• Experience performing exploratory analysis – cleaning, joining, enriching, statistical modeling, and prototyping visualizations to identify latent trends and patterns.
• Experience curating training and analysis datasets – cleaning, enriching, joining, annotating, and crowdsourcing data for creating and evaluating production models.
• Understanding in Linux operating systems, distributed systems, and databases (NoSQL and relational).
• Excellent understanding of ETL and data analytics platforms.
• Experience understanding and decomposing system level requirements into discrete and measurable tasks.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent degree or work experience.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying analytics in streaming and cross-corpus frameworks like Spring Cloud, Kafka, Spark, MapReduce, and/or other related BigTable technologies.
• Experience with Agile Methodologies.
• Experience with natural language processing techniques and technologies.
• Strong knowledge of the installation, configuration, and maintenance cloud computing and Big Data infrastructure to include Hadoop, Accumulo, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch, Puppet, Ansible, Lucene, and related technologies.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment using Atlassian products.
• Experience with Atlassian products.
• Extensive experience with model transfer techniques and methodologies.
• Experience applying machine learning techniques to sparse data sets.
• Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure such as: Amazon Web Services EC2 & Elastic · MapReduce.
• Experience creating Big Data solutions using public, private, and hybrid cloud approaches.
• Experience with integration methodologies and tools for Big Data applications and services.
• Experience with data quality and data profiling tools.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• This position requires ability to obtain a US security clearance. A current active clearance is not required.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.