Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking an Infrastructure DevOps Engineer in Manassas, VA.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and skilled people to join a forward-looking Infrastructure Development and Operations (DevOps) team that will define, develop, integrate, test, and deploy enhancements to complex Under-sea Warfare (USW) systems at our customer location in Manassas, VA. In this role, your efforts will support a greater team of hundreds of engineers and other users that depend on the performance, reliability and productivity of the resources and work environments provided by our team. The Infrastructure DevOps team helps to establish and maintain, to produce the systems critical to our customers' mission successes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The most urgent need is for a Senior Infrastructure Dev Ops person (or 2) with the following skills:
• Visionary mindset to help move us forward on our DevOps processes
• Experience in defining system architecture and implementation of medium-to-large distributed computing environments
• Experience configuring, building, installing, and troubleshooting system builds of source software and COTS/FOSS products
• Proficiency with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, and Bazel
• Ability to author and maintain complex scripts using Python, Bash and/or other scripting languages
• Expertise with the administration of Linux
• Experience with Cyber Security (Information Assurance) principles and operations
• Proficiency in use and maintenance of common DevOps tools such as Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef, Tomcat
• Proficiency in application, operation, and maintenance of Docker, KVM, and Open vSwitch
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Familiarity with agile concepts and supporting tools for an agile framework
• Experience in database administration and query languages
• Software development experience with C, C++, and/or Java
• Proficiency with NetApp and knowledge of cloud architecture. Understanding of network architecture and protocols
• Hands-on with typical server hardware configuration and maintenance
• Attention to detail, compliance with defined processes, and the ability to function as a part of a larger effort are crucial
• Deadline driven and focused on contract deliverables, accepts demanding tasking while remaining flexible in order to work in an environment of changing priorities and direction
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success
• Task driven and proactive self-starter who can work on their own with very little oversight. Effective written and verbal communication skills
Additional requirements include:
• 3 or more year’s current experience in a infrastructure support and Dev Ops role
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
• Secret clearance required (Candidate must be U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret level security clearance)
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Secret clearance (Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance).
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.