Our client is a rapidly growing Veteran-Owned Small Disadvantaged Business headquartered Bedford, IN originally established in 1995.
They are currently looking for a Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA.
This position provides IT mission support to the customer. Provides network support to the customer in the proper application of DISA, NIST, ISO and IATF regulations to manage and maintain a trusted computing environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (3):
• Prepare and build software images for the NIAPS System for deployment onboard vessels. Builds will include latest system version and all security patches.
• The Level 2 Technician processes scheduled routines that present few difficult operating problems (e.g., infrequent or easily resolved error conditions). In response to computer output instructions or error conditions, this worker applies standard operating or corrective procedure, refers problems that do not respond to preplanned procedure, and may serve as an assistant operator, working under general supervision.
• The Level 3 Technician processes a range of scheduled routines. In addition to operating the system and resolving common error conditions, this worker diagnoses and acts on machine stoppage and error conditions not fully covered by existing procedures and guidelines (e.g., resetting switches and other controls or making mechanical adjustments to maintain or restore equipment operations). In response to computer output instructions or error conditions, the Computer Network Technician 3 may deviate from standard procedures if standard procedures do not provide a solution and refers problems which do not respond to corrective procedures to a person of supervisory or higher individual contributor level.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
CompTIA Security+ Certification or equivalent
• Microsoft Server 2012 (70-410 & 70411)
•Windows 7 or 10
•Microsoft Server Installation & Configuration
•Microsoft Distributed File System Management
•PowerShell scripting experience a plus
•MUST be a US Citizen
•Successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a government-issued security clearance of secret level or higher; interim may be required before starting employment.
•This position is for NIAPS Lab in San Diego; there will be significant periods of travel during the first six months to NSWC Crane, IN to learn from the existing NIAPS Lab.
• Level 2 – Associates degree from accredited two-year college/university with two years of relevant experience
• Level 3 – Associates degree from accredited two-year college/university with four years of relevant experience
• Must have security clearance of Secret or higher
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.