Our client is a is a premier global provider of responsive management consulting, logistics solutions, and professional services, delivering quantifiable cost savings and improvement in mission readiness to our customers.
They are currently seeking a Jr. Awards Program Analyst in Washington, DC.
The primary functions of this role will be to:
Analyze, edit, and route awards packages for approval and processing of Awards to include honorary, external, length of service, and special NAVSEA civilian awards.
Provide support in coordinating and reporting tasks in execution of award events.
This position works independently, with limited oversight, and is responsible for assessing, proof-reading, editing, and formatting documentation to include awards packages, briefing materials, reports, and plans.
This position is a high-visibility, customer-facing position, and will frequently engage with NAVSEA and SEA 10 leadership.
• Review awards package submissions and determine if packages meet established criteria, or must be returned for revision.
• Edit awards packages for format and content, and provide frequent feedback to submitters.
• Maintain the strategic awards planning calendar and other web portals.
• Support Command Awards Events: assist in agenda preparation; gather material for presentations; provide logistical support; and consolidate, analyze, and summarize feedback, critiques, and other outcomes.
• Independently plan, draft, edit, and prepare a variety of documents, such as award justifications and citations, briefing materials, reports, Plans of Action & Milestones, and minutes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide executive level products in accordance with prescribed deadlines.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and exhibit executive level behaviors, confidentiality, and professionalism.
• Ability to work independently to analyze information, solve problems, and make decisions.
• Solutions oriented self-starter with ability to think proactively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load, and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working in a DoD environment.
• Up to 10% travel in the local DMV area.
• Bachelor’s Degree
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret Clearance required
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.