Our client is a is a premier global provider of responsive management consulting, logistics solutions, and professional services, delivering quantifiable cost savings and improvement in mission readiness to our customers.
They are currently seeking a Junior Data Analyst in Washington, D.C.
This position provides direct client support in a fast-paced environment within the Naval Sea Systems Command’s Readiness and Logistics directorate Business Transformation and Human Capital Division (NAVSEA 06L3) whose purpose is to provide an integrated focus across divisions on policy, process, standards, and human capital to enable the success of NAVSEA programs and the Life Cycle Logistician in the future digital environment.
• Be a member of an innovative team who is transforming the way Product Support is delivered to the US Navy Fleet.
• Gather/analyze data and compile into reports that facilitate required management actions necessary to formulate solutions for any problems identified.
• Ability to aggregate and synthesize large amounts of data from disparate sources, identify key trends and present data in a logical, concise manner to clearly convey findings and then follow-up on results.
• Develop and/or use models, tools, and processes to cleanse and validate data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity.
• Apply continuous process improvement methodology to improve model and tool performance and fidelity.
• Interpret and provide analysis of workforce data (demographics, attrition, etc.) to facilitate strategic decision making, policy compliance and progress reporting of programs and initiatives designed to recruit, develop, and retain a world-class workforce.
• Interface and effectively communicate with various product support/logistics, engineering, and other technical professionals on a variety of technical and non-technical activities.
• Assist the client with various programmatic duties to include, but not limited to, meeting attendance/support, development of presentations, position papers, meeting minutes, action items tracking, and weekly reporting. Maintain electronic and/or hard copy files.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Typically requires bachelor's degree in relevant academic area such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or similar degree field and 2-4 years of related experience
• Strong math (statistics), problem solving, modeling and analytical skills.
• At least two years of hands-on experience in using analytical tools to conduct statistical data analysis.
• Working knowledge of product support management and project management.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Possess strategic and critical thinking skills with ability to work independently.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; proficient with Microsoft tool suite with extensive experience with MS Excel.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Understanding of Federal government human resource databases/systems, policies, processes and procedures.
• Experience with DoD and DoN policy.
• Experience supporting NAVSEA.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• U.S. Citizen with active SECRET security clearance.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.