Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Cyber Security Developer in Manassas, VA.
Designs, develops, and implements security controls to preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems. Provides security engineering expertise and develops cybersecurity products, mitigates STIGs, provides Java and C++ software engineering, development, and integration. Performs refactoring and re-engineering activities to upgrade cybersecurity controls for hardening of systems.
Other tasks may include:
• Evaluating requirements, selecting/implementing security controls, reviewing installation procedures.
• Ensure security is implemented during software development
• Identify technological and functional risks inherent in system functionality, system exposure, and data sensitivity to determine the required security controls.
• Recommend and design software security to mitigate weaknesses and vulnerabilities
• Tailoring and configuring security controls for specific product use, security assessment plan preparation, test procedure preparation, test execution and reporting.
• Analyze and assess infrastructure for potential vulnerabilities that may result from improper configurations or hardware/software flaws
• Performing security vulnerability assessments using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), and performing SCAP security assessment/configuration.
• Integrate new or modified security hardware, operating systems and software applications.
• Conducting verification and validation of test procedures and script changes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience using C or Java/C++ in the development of security controls for enterprise information systems.
• Strong experience at the Linux command line and writing scripts.
• Knowledge of using utilities such as SCAP and ACAS to identify system vulnerabilities.
• Familiarity with DISA STIGS and the ability harden applications (e.g., OS, web server, database, etc.) in accordance with the recommended STIG guidance.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience working in an Agile/Sprint release planning environment including depth of understanding of providing impact analysis on testing as Sprint and releases are introduced to the integration environment.
• Existing certifications (e.g., Security+, CEH, Network+, etc) and CISSP certification.
• Understanding of full system exposure and system wide activity – Integration testing across systems usage flow checks how one program integrates/impacts other components of the system.
• Cyber Security Developer.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science and one to five years equivalent professional experience.
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret level security clearance.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.