Our client is seeking motivated, career and customer oriented System Integrators to join its team in the Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) to provide unparalleled support to their customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within their organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage an existing operating environment management for systems.
• Design and maintain operating environments capable of automated switchover or failover with a minimal amount of human intervention.
• Provide response, trouble-shooting and resolution of problems as well as communication, tracking via Altiris, Jira Service Desk.
• Server/workstations rebuilds VMware and standalone environments, management of Linux servers and the VMware environment supporting them.
• Proactively track and manage availability, performance and capacity across the environment inclusive of infrastructure and services.
• Perform capacity management, tracking utilization and growth trends, and projecting expansion needs proactively.
• Produce and maintain standard operating procedures for use across infrastructure environment;
• Troubleshoot technical incidents across the enterprise infrastructure environment, communicating status updates and escalating to other technical team to reach resolution.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Skills and Tasks. Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
• Individual Work/Teamwork/Leadership. May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team.
• Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
• Guidance. Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
• Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
• Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order. Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/ advanced ILO”
• Experience with configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
• Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
• Must be comfortable with the full lifecycle of performing requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional analysis, system design, systems integration and test.
• Must be proficient in Red Hat Enterprise Linux with in-depth knowledge of OS installation, security hardening and maintenance. Comfortable with working on physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers from scratch.
• Able to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested.
• Capable of learning new applications that run on Linux quickly for testing and deployment.
• Administration and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery.
• Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking,disk I/O, etc.
• Familiar with fundamentals of Linux scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments. Bash Shell,
python & Kickstart technologies.
• Integration & implementation of various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies.
• Familiarity of configuration management. Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server, puppet, chef or Ansible Tower.
• Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System Administrator
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position / Minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level
• High School Diploma / GED 12 years
• Associates Degree / 10 years
• Bachelor’s Degree / 8 years
• Master’s Degree / 6 years
• PhD / 4 years
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
• Current TS/SCI eligibility in JPAS Must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.