Our client is a turnkey supplier of patented technologies and systems for high temperature conversion of wastes and feedstocks into energy and innocuous byproducts.
They are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant in Springfield, Virginia.
• Organizes and carries out office operations and procedures such as, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Provide general support to visitors
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
• Schedule conference rooms for meetings and maintain common areas.
• Make travel arrangements, when requested and process travel reimbursements.
• Assist in the preparation of reports, as needed
• Coordinate purchasing activities for the Engineering Department. Generate purchase orders, manage and file invoices for payments
• Follow-up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered
• Cross-reference product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies
• Review documents and data (e.g. past purchases, reconciliation with Accounts Payable, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy of purchasing process
• Gather, prepare and send out various reporting data
• Perform special assignments, as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
2 years’ experience as an administrative assistant. Working knowledge of accounting and purchasing policies, procedures, forms, and online systems (preferred)
• Demonstrate a high level of administrative competence and a professional demeanor with keen attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with management, employees, visitors and vendors
• Strong general computer skills including accurate typing and ability to operate PC desktop and Microsoft Office software.
• Skilled in setting priorities, and negotiating appropriate deadlines for multiple tasks.
• Skill in working independently according to established guidelines and following through on assignments with minimal direction and supervision
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.