Our client is a turnkey supplier of patented technologies and systems for high temperature conversion of wastes and feedstocks into energy and innocuous byproducts.
They are currently looking for a Senior Chemical Process Engineer in Springfield, Virginia. Relocation assistance provided.
The Senior Chemical Process Engineer performs a variety of engineering tasks related to chemical process design and environmental systems including the following:
• Performs complicated engineering work exercising independent judgment and action
• Applies research principles and techniques to the design, development, or testing of chemical and environmental processing systems, equipment, products, or facilities
• Develops processes and equipment for the conversion of feed material including different types of wastes
• Designs new processes and modifies and improves existing processing systems and equipment
• Determines the most efficient order of operations and organizes plant layout
• Develops, modifies and reviews Process Flow Diagrams and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
• Evaluates operations to determine compliance with federal, state, or local statutes as well as environmental regulations
• Performs inspections, assesses hazards, and recommends necessary alterations to management
• Performs engineering assignments as part of a work team involved in the planning, organizing, and developing of complicated projects including engineering, design, procurement, construction, startup and operations
• Requires ability to use and apply extensive knowledge for a specific engineering field
• May supervise other project professionals or technicians
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with 8 to 10 years related experience; or Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with 3 to 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Proficient in Word processing, Spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with gasification processes and syngas cleaning systems and design of related equipment
• Familiarity with Process Safety analysis as well as Environmental permitting
• Process modeling and simulation software such as Aspen and ChemCAD
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.