C++ Software Developer
|Position Zip Code:
C++ Software Developer creates solutions to complex problems with the end user/client in mind. The ideal candidate has gained experience with the full software development lifecycle in an object-oriented analysis and design environment. The Developer will be responsible for performing system software development tasks and activities to include:
- Develops C++ software programs for complex military and space systems.
- Installs and tests new and legacy developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
- Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
- Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
- Supports software integration activities.
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams in conducting system/software analysis and design
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Basic commands
- Scripting (bash, python, etc)
- Experience with Sysvinit and Systemd
- Experience with modifying kernel settings, ulimits, etc.
- Experience with VxWorks real-time operating system
- Develop custom C++ software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
- Use data structures, software engineering, OOD, C++ programing techniques and algorithms to write, debug and test code.
- Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
- Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
- Follows direction of software development team leads.
Additional Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and three to five year’s professional experience.
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
- May require minimal travel.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience with Wind River specialized embedded O/S, virtualization platforms and development tools
- Strong Debugging skills
- Dmesg, Ispci, Isof, netstat, etc
- Jconsole, jvisualvm
- Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
- System-level & architecture concepts
- Basic networking (UDP/TCP, interface management, sub-interfaces, etc.)
- NTP and time distribution
- DHCP and IP distribution
- NFS and filesystem distribution
- Version control & Automation experience
- Basic concepts of branching and merging
- git / gerrit / Jenkins
• Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to three year’s professional experience.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results