We are seeking an IT Desktop Support SME to serve an Army customer in Crystal City, VA. We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative professional to deliver results.
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Manage user services such as Help Desk administrative tasks and addressing support
issues (unlocking/re-setting passwords, modifying data, etc.).
• Provide support and troubleshoot standard office productivity applications and tools
(Microsoft Office 2007/ 2010/2013 suite, Internet Explorer, etc.).
• Provide support and troubleshoot for Windows 7 environment.
• Assess user training needs, train the user in the effective use of applications, make recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions, prepare documentation, and provide user assistance.
• Install, assemble, and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure, and peripherals, including printers, scanners, and related hardware.
• Serve as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data. Provide the government lead metric data on helpdesk tickets worked weekly.
Technical and AV Support:
•Assist end users with AV support needs, including:
o Recording / production assistance of classroom / other activities
o Training and usage of video support-enabled classrooms, conference rooms, and auditorium
• Assist faculty / staff with video-conferencing session setup, utilization, and recording as necessary
• Ensure all necessary AV systems applications updates (i.e., Smartboard, Polycom, and application updates, etc.) are implemented on a scheduled basis
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
• 5+ years of experience in Help Desk Support
• Secret Clearance
• Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use.
• Basic computer abilities with the understanding of terminology and functionality.
• Ability to multitask - Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude
• Security +
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
That are not reflected in the competencies but are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
• Smartphone support experience (Blackberry and iPhone and Android)
• Tablet support experience (iPAD)
• Polycom Video Conferencing experience a plus
• A/V Support Experience desired
• Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems; server and desktop
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
• Excellent client relations skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organized and detail orientated
• Independent judgment and initiative
• Bachelors in relevant field (or equivalent experience)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret clearance